Tuesday 18 March 2014

Keep Calm Craft On

Hi everyone, sorry I've been so quiet lately. I've not really been doing much crafting and when I do get some done it's so slow that there isn't really much progress worth showing. At the moment I'm working on the border for my blanket. It's reminding me a lot of linen stitch in knitting and I love how it's turning out. It's going to take a few more rows until it's as thick as I'd like it to be

DSC_0032


I'm alternating double crochet stitches and a chain space. If I'd got enough of the bright blue yarn I used for joining then I would have used it for every other row to get a striped effect. Instead I think I will do a row of blue treble stitches for the final row to sandwich the multicoloured bit (if that makes sense!)

DSC_0034


I've not got round to a corner yet with the green but thought I'd just show you this photo because I love how neat the corners are looking. I guess this border is quite time consuming but I'm enjoying working on it :-)

DSC_0035


Hopefully I can get a couple of rounds done today. I'm wanting to get this project finished by the end of the month so I need to get a move on! I'm going to link up with Keep Calm Craft On today so hop over to read more posts about what other people are working on this week :-)

7 comments:

  1. Its looking fantastic! I look forward for the "Ta-Dah" post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is looking great! I'm sure it will be stunning when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors you picked for the blanket! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That border is stunning and so neat. It is going to look fantastic when finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool border. Can you post a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this border. it reminds me of lucy at attic 24 with the alternating colors. very, very well done. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lvoe the border. The blanket is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...