Thursday 1 March 2012

Mystery KAL

How on earth is it March already?? My baby turns a year old at the end of this month, I'm so not ready for it! But look how big she's getting now:

DSC03673


So I mentioned on Tuesday that I'm super excited about a pattern. This is because it will be my first ever Mystery KAL and this one is being run on Ravelry by one of my absolute favourite designers Elena Nodel.

For those not familiar of how a Mystery KAL works I've signed up on this thread to knit a cardigan. However I have no idea what it will look like. The pattern will be released in stages so none of the people knitting it will be able to find out what it looks like until the end. The only clues are in the description at this stage:

Yarn colors: solid and semisolid yarns will be the best to show the garment and designs in it.

Techniques used: a little bit of simple lace, top down raglan, knitting in the round.


Exciting no? I've asked to do the 12 month size which will fit Ava. I searched in vain for a suitable solid or semisolid dyed yarn but nothing really jumped out at me so I've ordered 200g from Bluefaced.com and will dye it myself. I'm thinking a rich pink/purple colour at the moment but that may well change when I get round to actually dyeing it! I guess you'll just have to watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...