Wednesday 29 February 2012

WIP Wednesday

Today as promised I have a bottom up jumper to show you. I've never actually knitted a jumper this way before so it all feels a little strange. Knitting the sleeves first was rather odd!

Please excuse the phone picture. I was taking it in a hurry before a certain little girl started playing with the knitting!

IMAG0356.jpg


It's a Ziggy jumper and will probably (yarn permitting) have a hood on. The yarn is a kind of forest green colour, much richer in real life. The zig zags are formed by alternating columns of knit or purl stitches and then traveling cables up the sides divide them off. It's also the first time I've done cables without a cable needle (or rather without a DPN as I don't actually have a cable needle yet) and because it's only two stitches it's very easy.

I'd like to say I'll have this finished by Friday but I think that is probably unlikely as I'm a bit busy this week. However on Saturday my DP is taking the children out for the morning so I will take full advantage of my 90 minutes of quiet and crack on with finishing this :-) How indulgent!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...