Wednesday 2 November 2016

Slinking Back

Gosh that was a long break. 5 months without blogging :-o I'm not really sure what happened, I just ran out of words, ran out of the desire to craft, just ran out of everything.

I hope you all had a lovely Summer (or Winter if you're on the other side of the world to me!), seems like such a long time ago now. We enjoyed two weeks in North Wales, staying in a proper house rather than a tent. Soo much nicer when it rains lol.

Now it's November, the weather here as turned cold and autumnal and I've been enjoying picking up my needles again.

I've finished 3 pairs of socks since I last blogged, two man sized vanilla ones and a pair for me which I'll show you in a bit. The man-size ones haven't been photographed yet, the ones for Mr Soaring Sheep have been well loved, keeping his feet warm and need a quick wash. The other pair went to my Dad for his birthday and I completely forgot to take photos of them, what a bad blogger!

These are my finished socks though, terrible light I'm afraid. I need to find some better photography spots!

DSC_0388


This pretty pattern is by Louise Tilbrook and is called "Bleaberry Tarn". I love how the twisted stitches really make the cable pop. I used a fish lips kiss heel 'cos I like it lol.

DSC_0389


The yarn is from Stranded Dyeworks, I love Amy's use of colour and I'm lusting after most of the colourways in her shop! On a bit of a yarn diet at the moment though so will resist a while longer. This colourway is called "Ocean Rainbow"

DSC_0390


So pretty :-)

I'm sort of trying to clear my needles at the moment. I've got a cabled cardigan for my eldest daughter that I haven't touched in weeks so instead of working on it I've been knitting more socks instead! I've promised once I've finished this pair I'll get back to the cardigan, especially now it's getting cooler and my daughter insists upon growing out of her other sweaters!

DSC_0392


As you can see there isn't much more to go, maybe around 30 rows plus 20 for the cuff? Always good to have a new pair of socks. The yarn is called "Berry Splash" and is by Devon Sun Yarns

DSC_0393


And last but not least, all this sock knitting means I have leftovers to go into my scrappy blanket. It's getting to be a nice size now, I'll be very cosy knitting this over the Winter lol.

DSC_0391



Hopefully I'll be back soon with some new projects to share rather than disappearing off again! Thanks for visiting my blog and have a look on Keep Calm Craft On and Yarn Along for more crafty posts :-)

Evelyn x

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging. We all need a break now and again. What gorgeous socks! That cabling and the colorwork . . . just LOVE!

    If you're interested, I'd absolutely love to have you link up at my weekly Yarn Fanatic Party. This week's can be found here: http://www.thephilosopherswife.net/2016/10/yarn-fanatic-party-67.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of all those beautiful socks, they are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how that side cable shows up so well in that colorway. You blog when you can; life always takes precedence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're back! lovely socks and I missed the sock updates and that gorgeous blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!! what beautiful socks!! i am a sock virgin but that is about to change. i really LOVE these, gorgeous, rich, bright color, the cable is gorg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Glad to see you back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! It is so good to hear from you. I'm lusting after those Berry Splash socks. That is fantastic yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous colors your socks are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cable socks are gorgeous, I must look that one up. The yarns you have used are splendid and the sock yarn blanket is coming along a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Socks are lovely. But no pics of the pup? Good thing I follow you on Instagram!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...