Sunday 3 January 2016

Hello 2016

Happy New Year everyone! I rather like this time of year, I feel positive and excited about the new year to come. Usually wears off by February by which time I've had enough of Winter and being cold lol.

We've had quite a chilled out and lazy Christmas break. Unfortunately I came down with an ear infection on Tuesday and after 3 days of feeling very sorry for myself I visited the doctors and was given some strong antibiotics and some lovely painkillers. I'm feeling better now and actually functioning rather than just lying in bed sleeping or crying from pain. I can do childbirth without pain relief but ear infections are much worse for me :-S

I've had a bit of a casting on session so I've got some new projects to show you in a bit. Today I've just got a quick photo of the socks I made for my Mum. I gave them to her on New Year's day when we visited and she took this photo of them

IMG_1397


I think she's pleased with them and they fit well which is good. I used the Rye pattern and a fish lips kiss heel.

My Dad has been dropping hints about some more socks as the ones I made him he's finding hard to get over his heel. I used a gusset heel for them so would have though that would be fairly roomy. Any one have any suggestions?


Anyways, hope you all have a happy and productive 2016. I'm hoping to post later in the week with some photos of my new WIP's. I've missed this little blog space of mine so it's nice to be feeling well enough to start posting and knitting more often :-)

Evelyn x

10 comments:

  1. The gusset part doesn't have to go past the heel - is it possible the problem he's having is with getting the cuff over and past his heel? I have had that problem with a pair of socks where they shrank slightly and the cuff wasn't stretchy enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says it was the heel he was struggling to get over his foot due to some swelling. The cuff was fairly loose as I knitted them toe up and did a stretchy cast off so I don't think that was the problem. I might try knitting some with slightly bigger needles and see if that helps

      Delete
  2. I love how your daddy appreciates his baby girl's knitting. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions as I'm kind of facing that dilemma myself. Terrific new socks for your mum. The colourway goes so well with the pattern and shows off each color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Let me know if you find any solutions!

      Delete
  3. And sorry you were hit by a bad ear infection. I usually try to tough it out too before forcing myself to see the doc. Glad you're on the mend and much happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm the same, especially as past experience of doctors has been them being reluctant to prescribe antibiotics. Glad I went though, it's still sore a week later even with the antibiotics so goodness knows what state I'd have been in if I hadn't gone

      Delete
  4. Your Mom's socks are so cute. I have no suggestions for your dad's heels. I always do a heel flap so I have no other options.
    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I usually knit toe up so I rarely do heel flaps lol

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear (!) that you have been sick, but glad that you are on the mend now. There is something about any sort of pain in the head that seems much worse than pain in the body I find. Your Mum's socks look lovely. Hope that you can work things out with some socks for your Dad. Take care of yourself and hope that you are all well again soon. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think you're right. I've had the children on my own today and trying to strike a balance between entertaining them, staying out of pain and not being too drowsy from the painkillers was rather tricky. Tomorrow they're back at school so I'm planning on spending as much of the day sleeping as I can lol.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...