Monday 14 July 2014

Lady Bower Reservoir

We're really enjoying the children being old enough to go cycling. This weekend we had a long drive to meet up with my in-laws in the Peak District to cycle round Lady Bower reservoir. It was 11.3 miles all the way round according to my bike's odometer. It was a perfect Summer's day, warm but not so hot you don't want to move at all. Gorgeous :-)

DSC_0711


I gave the Smallest a ride on the back of my bike. She fell asleep towards the end, the first I knew about it was her helmet bashing against my back as she nodded forward

DSC_0716


DSC_0719


DSC_0722


DSC_0724


We were surprised how low the water levels were, I guess it fills up more in the Winter

DSC_0731


DSC_0735


DSC_0745


My little cyclists :-) Can you see the hill on the right of the picture, the path follows the same line! We pushed our bikes up that bit!

DSC_0748


DSC_0753


DSC_0761


DSC_0760


Such a wonderful day out :-)

This week is the last full week of school before the Summer holidays start. Next week the children only go in for the first 3 days. I'm trying to strike balance between getting the house clean and tidy before the little darlings are around to mess it up all the time and also enjoying those few hours of time to myself. I think this morning I'm going to work on my neglected ripple blanket :-)

DSC_0775


Have a good week everyone

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! What a fun day! Gorgeous ripple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the ripple. Totally LOL'd at the image of a little helmet giving her mum a plastic back massage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother made several of those ripple afghans over the years. I think of her everytime I see one. Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have inspired me to visit Lady Bower again. It is so close to wear we live, but I haven't been for years. My now husband took me there when we had only been together 13 days, and told me he wanted to marry me. That was over 13 years ago. It is a lovely place

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...