Wednesday 29 May 2013

WIP Wednesday

Goodness me what a dreary day we're having here. Cold and wet and more like Autumn than nearly Summer :-S Time for a bit of colour to bring the sunshine back?

DSC07259


I'm currently turning the heel of my socks using the Eye of Partridge technique. I think this might be my favourite. It looks very neat and as the fabric is thicker from the slipped stitches it looks like the heel might last a bit longer too. It's pretty simple to work as well which is always good :-)

The project you can see in the background is the start of a ripple cushion using Lucy from Attic24's Neat Ripple pattern. Very well written instructions as always and a deceptively simple technique too. It's basically just increases and decreases. Easy peasy

DSC07254


I fancied a bit of cheerful hooking yesterday afternoon and I'm really enjoying it :-)

For now though I'm going to finish my sock heel and try to warm up a little! Linking up with Tami's Amis as usual :)

11 comments:

  1. Love the color of the cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colourful post - I too am wanting colour in my life - the gray skies are so depressing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) the rubbish weather really has gone on for too long hasn't it!

      Delete
  3. Bright colors!!! I love both the sock & the ripple! The socks are super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried that heel, but it sounds good. I do often use eye of partridge for heel flaps though, its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colourful socks! I so wish I could knit socks but so far they have always defeated me...!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the book "Socks from the Toe Up" was great for me, as was learning to magic loop. DPN's just didn't appeal at all lol

      Delete
  6. Her ripple pattern is so user-friendly! I started working on again my niece's blanket. It'll be interesting to see how you use the pattern to make a cushion. Pls detail esp about the edges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...