Wednesday 6 April 2016

Wednesday's WIP's

I've been focussing on some simple sock WIP's this week. It's the Easter holidays so we've been busy going out and about trying to tire out the children and the puppy! They seem to be fine though and it's me that's ending up tired, whoops!

DSC_0605


I'm enjoying these rainbow socks, especially now I've managed to get all the colours knitted up. The eyelet rows make it a little more interesting to knit but is still very simple.

The other socks I've been knitting are the ones using the yarn Pippin helpfully de-skeined for me. It's such a tricky colourway to photograph, but as it's rather rainy and blustery outside this is the best I can do right now.

DSC_0608


I'm using the Rye pattern again with the garter stitch panel over the middle 20 stitches. Such a simple pattern but I really like how it knits up with multicoloured yarns.

Right, I'd better get on with entertaining the small people, have a good week everyone :)

Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On and Yarn Along

19 comments:

  1. The rainbow socks are a real delight, the bright colours are stunning together and I love the pattern. Enjoy the Easter hols.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both the sock patterns you are using. Very simple, yet it adds a little something to an ordinary sock. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. golly, I do love those striped socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first ones are awesome! I forget...are you using two yarns or this is all in one? I love how the chocolate brown sets off the rainbow colors. And look at you being so good knitting two at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a self striping yarn although I do have a ball of just the brown for doing the heels and cuffs

      Delete
  5. Love your rainbow stripes. My boys never tire out, it's always me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those stripes! And what a helpful puppy he was, would you have cast the socks on if not for his help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol well I was planning on casting them on but maybe not quite as soon as this

      Delete
  7. I adore those rainbow socks. I do like the colorway of the second sock also. It seems to be subtly variegated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's actually got quite contrasting colours in but they merge together when knitted up which is nice. It's got pink, turquoise, purple, black and grey

      Delete
  8. Cool socks, I love the rainbow effect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...