Tuesday 2 February 2016

Keep Calm Craft On

Morning everyone :) I've got a couple of new sock yarns to show you today as well as a progress update on my rainbow socks.

I've had quite a few nice yarns arrive into my stash recently, hopefully these will be the last for a while as I'm trying to reduce my stash not add to it lol. These two are from a dyer I've not used before but I spotted them in her latest update and couldn't resist

DSC_0269


They are both from Countess Ablaze. The blue is on the "Viscount of Spark" base which is 75% merino, 20% nylon and 5% stellina. The pink one is on the "Lady Persephone" base which is 75% bfl and 25% nylon

DSC_0274


This one I found difficult to photograph the colours right. The blue is more of a petrol colour and the orange is more coppery. It's called "Big Fish in a Little Pond" and I originally bought it for Mr Soaring Sheep. Now it's arrived I rather fancy keeping it for myself! Except Mr Soaring Sheep quite likes it too, even with the sparkle. There might be a fight ;-) There is some more of it left in the shop but I don't know if I'd want to knit four socks in the same colourway. Hmm what to do...

DSC_0279


This one has gorgeous dapples of colour, really looking forward to seeing how it knits up. It's called "Eccentric Geeks"

DSC_0282


My plan for today is to turn the heel on these socks. I kind of wish I'd done the leg part on the other sock a bit longer but at least it means I'll have lots of yarn left over for my blanket


So I ask for your opinions, what should I do about Mr Soaring Sheep wanting the blue sock yarn?

1. Be kind and generous and make it into socks for him
2. Be selfish and keep it for myself but maybe get something else to make him socks with
3. Buy a second skein and knit us matching socks in the same colourway
4. Something else?

Keep Calm Craft On

17 comments:

  1. How about matching 'odd socks'? So, do one sock for each of you in the pretty yarn and then do the second socks in another (maybe contrasting?) yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo interesting idea. I do like things to match though so that might be an issue for me. Hmm will have a think

      Delete
  2. Those sock yarns are gorgeous! I must not buy sock yarn, I must not buy sock yarn, I must not buy sock yarn......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (and they're still instock last time I looked...)

      Delete
  3. Opting for the third choice. That would be a kick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what if you did stripes or colorwork with the blue and something else and made matching pairs for you both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not done much colourwork so wouldn't want to end up with a sock that's too tight to wear. The stripes idea is a possibility though

      Delete
  5. I'd pick #2. After all, being the knitter should count for something! And I would not like to knit four of the same sock. But maybe you are nicer than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe no I'm definitely not nicer than you lol

      Delete
  6. Beautiful yarns, I can see why you are having this dilemma!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe it's a hard life isn't it being a knitter #firstworldproblems ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm thinking stripes - or just go for it and have matching socks - they'd not actually be matching unless you have the same size feet and it is a lot of fun seeing how the stitch count makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to use the same number of stitches for both of us, just knit his longer. If I had two skeins though I'd use different patterns to vary it up a bit

      Delete
  8. Love those colors! Is there another colorway he might like? So it'd still be fun stripes but you wouldn't have to knit 4 socks of the same kind? (more fun for you). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I've knitted up all the ones in my stash I'd be happy for him to have. The ones left are the ones I want to knit for myself lol

      Delete
  9. Look at my those yarns!! Lovely and I love how you photographed them. I would wait and see if he forgets ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...