Monday 14 September 2015

Making Monday

This is my first day at home on my own. My youngest daughter did two days at school last week but Mr Soaring Sheep was off work so we went off to do some shopping one day and had a walk the other. She was super excited to start school and walked in like she'd been doing it all her life. This morning she was a little quieter but happily went to sit with her teacher

DSC_0028


DSC_0030


She's such a ham :)

DSC_0059


DSC_0062


DSC_0066


DSC_0067


DSC_0070


DSC_0071


DSC_0073


I've started suggesting to the chooks they might want to have a go at laying some eggs. Earn their keep etc. Instead they just give me this look:

DSC_0074


Oh well, as long as they lay eventually lol

DSC_0075


My sockhead hat is continuing to grow. I've still got a few more inches to knit before I can start the decreases for the crown. It's good tv knitting at least :-)

DSC_0076


I finally got my act together and had Mr Soaring Sheep try his sweater on so I could see how the sleeve was doing. I had to add a little more length then did the cuff and cast off. This morning I made a start on the second sleeve so I'm hoping to get some more of that done this week. After that it's just coming up with the shawl collar and weaving in the ends.


Hope you have a good week everyone. I'm enjoying having a tidy house to myself for a bit. Such bliss!

14 comments:

  1. Your youngest is adorable! How fun to have your house all to yourself for a bit each day. I homeschool my son and while I love it I do dream occasionally what it would be like to be home alone during the day, The sweater and hat both are really coming along and look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying having some time to myself. Having had at least one child at home for the past ten years it's nice to actually hear myself think occasionally lol. Not to mention the past 9 months Mr Soaring Sheep has been working away every week so all the childcare has been up to me. I love having the children around but 5 minutes peace from them is also nice lol

      Delete
  2. What lovely chickens. Hopefully they will earn their keep so they don't turn into fried chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm not that mean. Plus they're only bantams so barely a snack lol

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the time on your own! No matter how much we love our families we all need some "me time" for awhile :) The sweater is turning out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the house to myself this week too, I think I could get used to it. Even the skirting boards have been dusted! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo well done you. I've been eyeing up my kitchen cupboards which could do with being emptied and cleaned out. Just need to summon the motivation to do it, would much rather knit lol

      Delete
  5. Yay! I haven't seen this cherub in so long. Damn straight she is a ham and *sniffs* growing up. I love how Mr. Sheep can try on his sweater at your command so you can tinker and get the fit right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't :-( Can't believe she's at school now, where's my baby gone???

      Hehe well if he wants it to fit then he needs to do what he's told ;-)

      Delete
  6. wahoo, that sweater will be done in no time at all. Lovely!! I've had the house to myself and it feels weird and quiet but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah it's certainly taking some getting used to, very odd. I think I need to work out a routine for myself

      Delete
  7. Wow! My baby has also started school and i'm enjoying the peace (mainly). How did it go by in such a blink?!

    Are the chooks pekins? I predict 1 egg and then they go broody... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...