Thursday 11 June 2015

My Garden - June 2015

I've finally got round to taking some photos of how my garden is growing this month. Everything is shooting up and there's lots more colour appearing.

DSC_0113


We took the unhappy acer out of the big pot in the middle and replaced it with a pink rhododendron from the front garden. The acer is now in a pot on our patio out of the bright sun and there is a purple rhododendron in the pot at the front which will work better with the pink azalea.

I've got a pink and purple variagated cordyline I need to plant up at the weekend. Just working my way through the pots which had Spring bulbs in so need to get those out, change the compost and add some Summer bedding plants :-)

DSC_0114


The snapdragons are full of colour, really enjoying them :-) That part of the garden smells beautiful with lots of stocks and pinks.

DSC_0124

On the other side of the garden this beautiful rose is full of scent too. I keep meaning to cut one of the flowers to have in a vase inside but I can't bring myself to do it. I'll just have to keep going outside to smell them lol

DSC_0115

DSC_0117

We've got lots of foxgloves flowering too in shades of pink and cream. I think I've got a yellow one starting soon but it's not opened yet so can't tell for sure

DSC_0118


Some of the lupins are starting to go to seed, I guess I should probably deadhead them now as I'm not wanting to grow them from seed. They're really pretty though with their fluffy casings. You can see another flower already starting to form :-)

DSC_0119


DSC_0122


This lily continues to grow, it's about as tall as my petite 9 year old now! There's lots of buds growing ready to flower

DSC_0125


I'm pleased with how my hanging basket has turned out too. Not too bad for a first attempt although should probably have put something more upright in the centre of the compost. Love the fuschias especially :-)

DSC_0128


The chickens decided to put themselves down for a nap at lunchtime, they weren't too impressed at me disturbing them.

DSC_0126


DSC_0129


DSC_0135


I'm looking forward to when they are big enough to roam around the garden rather than being confined to their run all the time. They have a big run though so it's not too bad as they're only babies still :-)


My other monthly garden posts are linked below:

March
April
May

8 comments:

  1. It must be so fragrant in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's lovely, there's lavender as well :)

      Delete
  2. do you know that your garden colors reflect your knitting tastes in colors? vibrant and alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks great, so many beautiful flowers!!! The rose is fabulous isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! I love your garden! Its looking sooo beautiful! you have put mine to shame!! enjoy lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you :) I think your garden is lovely, I wish I had your space. I'd love to be able to have more shrubs in the garden but I'd have to expand the flower beds to fit them in and the children would object to losing the lawn lol

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...