Wednesday 6 August 2014

Holidays from Home

This year, because we're moving house in just over a month (eek!) and because last year we got so fed up of camping in the rain, we decided this year we would have a "holiday from home".

DSC_1015


We've explored footpaths near to our house

DSC_1025


DSC_1028


DSC_1040


DSC_1051


Woodland walks

DSC_0027


DSC_0032


Took the children to London on the train for the first time

DSC_0076


Cycled

DSC_0083


Been for walk or two...

DSC_0092


DSC_0123


Visited Oxford and my brother :)

DSC_0129


DSC_0135


Today though I have four rather tired children so I think we'll have a gentle day. I might even have some time to turn the heel on my sock :-)

DSC_0137


My ripple blanket is growing slowly and my Grace cardigan just needs sleeves and button bands. There's no rush though, family time is more important :-)

Happy crafting everyone :-)

13 comments:

  1. A holiday from home is a wonderful idea! I loved seeing the photos of the wheat, it reminds me of my childhood home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. family is important! have a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! We are doing the same (holiday at home) over the next couple of weeks. I hope to get lots of knitting done! Love your knits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh that soon? How exciting. What space your funny foursome had to explore. Your cardigan is looking awesome! The ripple's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a wonderful way to spend the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of vacationing from home!!! too often we forget the lovely things that are nearby, simply because we are used to them!

    Your crafting is looking lovely! Dont rush to finish- enjoy the summer and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pictures! You don't have to travel very much I see, it all looks great.
    Love your crochet and knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We call that a "staycation" in the States, and yours looks lovely. There is so much to see and do when you are a train ride from London!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping over from Ginny's Yarn Along.

    Lovely pictures. I think in a way holidays at home are the best - in particular with kids. We've just come back from a holiday abroad and all that packing, plus the changes in routine, with three young children... although it was fun it's also really exhausting. Planning a home holiday next...

    Oh, and I love the ripple blanket. I've been meaning to make one forever. Maybe this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVELY! Makes me wish I was back in London and your beautiful country again! My kiddos adored riding the Tube. We talk about it often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...