Monday 12 May 2014

Cycles, Roses and Knitting

Had one of those great weekends where you get lots of jobs done around the house that have been waiting for ages. Things feel a little bit easier now :-)

Last week stage 2 of The Women's Tour of Britain came through our village. All the school children lined the route and I took my littlest girl down to watch as well

DSC_0022


As you can see it was rather wet! There was a great atmosphere though and my daughter was very excited when the police motorbikes driving past waved at her

DSC_0043


DSC_0045


The leader had a huge lead on the rest



It wasn't long before #2 and #3 appeared

DSC_0075


DSC_0076


And then we had the rest of them or the "peloton" google tells me!

DSC_0088


DSC_0090


Amazing listening to the sound of them cycling past, and the speed of them... wow!

This lady was bringing up the rear, she got a special cheer from the crowds

DSC_0112


Mr Soaring Sheep treated me to some roses on Saturday, I think he chose some good ones :)

DSC_0117


DSC_0115


DSC_0118


Now as I promised you knitting in the title of this post it would be rather rude of me not to post some photos. I finished the 6th clue of the MKAL yesterday so just the sleeves and possibly some sort of collar to go, looking forward to seeing what they look like

DSC_0127


There's some funky pooling going on, hopefully I'll be able to show you the finished cardigan :)

DSC_0126


I'm hoping to get it finished this week and possibly my stripy socks too. I'd best stop waffling on and do some crafting then! Have a good week everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw thank you, I'll have a look in a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cool roses. Never seen that species before. How fun to see the bikes go by. Kudos to those cyclists.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...