Wednesday 15 January 2014

WIP Wednesday

This week I'm concentrating on the crochet blanket and my husband's jumper. I've not really worked on the jumper very much if I'm honest. I'm a bit bored of stockinette stitch at the moment and I've already knitted this boring bit once already (it got frogged)

DSC_0135


I've made some progress I guess, still got another 10 inches or so to go. My camera did not like the dark colour of the yarn so the colours are a bit off in this picture, sorry!

DSC_0136


This is my next batch of colours to sew onto my blanket. I like to do a square in each colour and join them on before I start on the next batch of colours, that way it's more balanced. Got a few ends to weave in first though

DSC_0140


It's just the standard "Lucy pack" of stylecraft colours but they work nicely together. The only one I don't really like is the grassy green in the bottom middle but it does work well with the other colours so it's allowed to stay lol.

Well I'd better get on with some more hooking. I'm linking in with Tami and Ginny as it's Wednesday so hop over to their blogs for more crafting posts :)

16 comments:

  1. those colorful squares are so yummy and fun :) I wish I could crochet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) It's quite easy actually, I taught myself using a book :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no you must have frogged lots of rows, how frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater is going to gorgeous when you get finished. Stockinette does seem to go.on.forever! Love all your "Lucy" colors, even the green. :) I have yet to do a solid square like that, but I am seeing them everywhere. So maybe my next blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colorful squares! I'm a big fan of bright blankets. :-) Sorry you had to frog some of the sweater, that's sooooo annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love bright colours :) It's very annoying having to frog but should be worth it in the end

      Delete
  5. Such great colors in your crochet squares. Hubbys jumper looks lovely. I really like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The jumper pattern is Alec XL by Sezzaknits

      Delete
  6. love the bright colors of your squares, it's dreary here so it's definitely a cheerful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your bright little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours of those squares! So lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great determination to knit a boring bit of a pattern again!! Your squares are lovely, I remember when I had my Lucy Pack...there are some great colours in it, but there are too many cool colours in her pack and made my own selection of colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the brightly colored granny squares. That is going to be a great blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the colors of the squares! Good luck stomaching the rest of that stockinette!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...