Friday 14 September 2012

FO Friday, my Wedding Shawl

Quick post today I'm afraid as I'm heading out in a sec. Here's a couple of pictures of my wedding shawl. The pattern is the Traveling woman pattern in lace weight yarn and using the instructions for the X-large size

DSC05849


I used some simple silver beads to compliment the silver thread in the yarn which doesn't show up very well in these pics. The yarn is Twinkle Lace by Easy Knits in their Witches Brew colourway. A quick search on ravelry produced these suggestions for placing the beads which I more or less followed. The beaded cast off was time consuming but worth it, I felt and still feel very glam when I wear it

DSC05850


It's a lovely lace pattern to knit, good for a beginner to lace work I think. It's not surprising there are nearly 7500 versions of it on ravelry. I'd like to knit one again in a plain or semi-solid colourway. Perhaps in fingering weight so it's a little warmer and thicker as that would be nice for colder weather.


Thank you for reading, for other FO Friday posts please check out Tami's Amis

11 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous!! I have never attempted adding beads, but this looks like it was really worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's definitely worth the effort. Have you ever tried knitting any of the Boo Knits lace patterns? They look far more complicated than they actually are and the beads highlight the lace pattern. I use a crochet hook to put my beads on although there are a variety of methods people use. I like how the weight of the beads makes the shawl hang too :-)

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful. You made me think of a hibernating project in my attic, that has tiny beads in the border. I might dig it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Beads are fun, time consuming but the make a project extra special imo :-)

      Delete
  3. That colorway is absolutely gorgeous! I can totally see why you would feel glam wearing that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it :-) I wish the sun would come out so I could capture some of the sparkle the yarn has as well as the shine of the beads

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! It is so unbelievably beautiful! The colorway is absolutely perfect for the pattern, I love it! I think you should definitely knit up another one, although I cannot imagine how it would be more pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is gorgeous! You did a really lovely job knitting it! I like the idea of knitting a second, cold-weather companion shawl using this pattern. Shawls might not be as scary for me if I tried one with a heavier yarn. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's beautiful! I love the colors, and the lacework is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way the colors flow through the shawl! Such beautiful knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors!

    If you (or anyone else!) is interested, I have a giveaway on my blog right now for a custom dyed skein of yarn! http://philwife.blogspot.com/2012/08/custom-dyed-yarn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...