Wednesday 23 October 2013

WIP Wednesday

I'm concentrating on two projects at the moment. The first is my stripey crocheted bag. It's finished now but needed a bit of decorating. I could have done some delicate little flowers and leaves like Lucy did with the original design. But I'm not really that delicate so something a bit more obvious was required ;-)

DSC_0122


These flowers are from the Triple Layer flower pattern and I think they'll do the job of prettying the bag up rather nicely. I just need to sew them on later and then I'll take some photos to show off on Friday.

This afternoon's project however will be my shawl. The last clue arrived on Monday night but I wasn't feeling in the mood for knitting yesterday so I haven't started yet. I'm excited about it now and hoping I can get it finished and blocked for the 31st. There's 15 rows to do but it's a big shawl and there are lots of beads. Plus the cast off is going to take forever but will hopefully be worth it when it's done

DSC_0121


Happy Wednesday everyone :) I'm looking forward to checking out the lovely projects linked in to Tamis Amis later today but right now though, it's time for a hot cup of tea and some knitting :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh your WIPs is so pretty and colourful :D The yarn you are using for your shawl looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The shawl yarn is called Cherry from Fyberspates, I made some wrist warmers for someone in a swap using the fingering weight version and it's such a beautiful colour

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are fab! I love them! And look how pretty your shawl is - I bet it'll be gorgeous once you cast off and block it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the fun of blocking shawls but at the moment it feels like an awful long way away!

      Delete
  3. I lovwe the triple layer flowers very much! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad its not just me that sometimes just doesn't feel like knitting! Your flowers are gorgeous and I can't wait to see the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers, you shawl sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm so looking forward to seeing the shawl when it's finished but it feels like it will be a long time before I get there!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...