Friday 25 October 2013

FO Friday- Stripey Bag

Two disclaimers before you read further. Firstly, the light here is rubbish at the moment, the sky is just grey and yucky. Secondly, bags are surprisingly hard to photograph! I think I've got enough shots of it to give you an idea though :-)

Rainbow crochet bag


This bag originally started as an exercise in using up some scraps and avoiding working on my existing WIP's. I quickly ran out of scraps though so I had to order more yarn. This new yarn now lives inside my finished bag which has worked out quite well. Plus it means I don't have to try to squeeze it into the blanket box where I keep the rest of my yarn :-S

Rainbow crochet bag on door

I used various colours of Stylecraft Special DK acrylic yarn with a 3.5mm hook. If I wanted the bag for every day use then I'd probably use cotton as it's a bit sturdier and maybe even gone down to a smaller hook size. However as it's just for carrying around yarn/projects and it was about stash busting I'm not really that bothered.


To give you an idea of it's size, here it is being modelled by my little 2.5 year old

DSC_0131


We're attempting potty training today so the bag is preserving her modesty too! She takes after her big brothers, she can go for hours without needing the toilet which mean trying to catch those first few tries on the potty is rather tricky!

DSC_0136DSC_0138


So just to recap, the bag pattern was from Attic24. The flowers were also from Attic24 and were the Triple Layer Flower pattern. The yarn was Stylecraft Special DK and I used a 3.5mm hook. I did 14 increase rounds for the base and 26 rounds for the body of the bag. It was a lovely fun pattern to make :-)

Today I'm still on the shawl. Up to row 11 now (out of 15) but this one has 4 beads per 13 stitch pattern repeat so it's slow going.

I'll be linking in with Tami's Amis when the blog post is up. Have a good weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

  1. You've added the flowers. Very nice! Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to cover up my messy stitching some how lol

      Delete
  2. What an ideal bag to make for the extra yarn you had to buy he he, its a lovely bag...very stripy! Good luck with the potty training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very convenient lol. Potty training is continuing with mixed success, making progress though. You'd think 4th time round I'd know what to do but alas...

      Delete
  3. That's a good sized bag. I totally LOL'd at how it's covering her so she won't flash us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe a lady has to protect her modesty lol ;-) It's great for rummaging in, I can see all the colours really easily but it keeps them contained. Just what I wanted really!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...