Wednesday 2 October 2013

WIP Wednesday

I don't know what's up with me today but my mind feels like it's half asleep. I keep moving things and then telling other people off for moving them. Or having the same conversation with a person twice because I don't remember speaking to them 5 minutes before. It's very strange :-S I've got a cough at the moment and I'm struggling to wake up in the morning but I don't feel like I could just fall asleep right now or anything. Odd.

As I posted yesterday I completely muddled the dates of the Booknits MKAL so now I've ended up with 4 WIP's

DSC_0878


I don't really like having lots of WIP's. I like a simple knitting project, a complicated knitting project and a long term crochet project at the most :-S After I get past that I find it difficult to motivate myself to work on things and end up wanting to cast on a load more projects!

Anyways, here's my progress with my solid squares blanket. I'm over 25% through making the squares now and rapidly running out of space in the bag. This is the project I'm most drawn to at the moment, probably because each square feels like a mini FO :-)

DSC_0879


Mr Soaring Sheep's birthday socks are continuing well. I want to make them a bit longer on the leg still. I'm tending to save working on these for when I'm in the car or watching tv

DSC_0880


I forced myself to work on this sleeve last weekend. I'm not really in the mood for it at the moment :-S I think I'll work on it some more when I've finished the current clue for the MKAL

DSC_0881


And last but definitely not least, here is my Booknits Mystery KAL shawl. I'm not going to spread it out so you can see the pattern because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. It's all lace and there were instructions for using two different coloured beads but I'm sticking with one. The green beads are silver lined so they sparkle when the light catches them. I'm really enjoying knitting a shawl again :-) This one is going to be my biggest yet though, it's finished width is 260cm O_o yikes!

DSC_0883


I'm just about to start the third and final pattern repeat. I'm rather pleased with how much I knitted yesterday but aware that the rows are getting steadily longer so things will start slowing down. I'm hoping it won't have a picot cast off lol!

Visit Tami's Amis for more WIP Wednesday posts :-)

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when I am working up squares for an afghan or blanket. They are like mini FOs.

    I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the squares! That is going to be an amazing looking blanket!

    I have never made socks and yours look fabulous. I am about to start on slippers for each of my three kids. We'll see how that goes. One of those projects that is great to do while they are around you, but who has time to crochet with kids around you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Socks are very easy and keep your feet snuggly :)

      Delete
  3. Are you going to do all the blanket squares and then stitch them together? I think I'm the only person on earth who stitches them as I go along!

    I love the sock very much ... and the shawl is very intriguing. The color is gorgeous, like garnets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got 17 colours going into this blanket so I'm making 3-4 squares of each colour and then I'll start joining them. I don't want to start joining until I've got all the colours available

      Delete
  4. Those first couple sentences... Oh boy. Sounds like me! All of your projects look beautiful. I hope you don't lose your momentum with that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe glad I'm not the only one who has days like that. Thank you :) The next shawl clue comes out tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it

      Delete
  5. Your bug is really befuddling your mind :O(. Do pamper yourself and rest. You have a lot goin' on fiberwise. They all look great so far. I like see all those hooked squares against one another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an array of amazing and very tricky projects - they all look fab x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...