Tuesday 1 October 2013

So much for being organised!

I'd been rather smugly congratulating myself on my organising skills and how productive I was being. I've almost finished Mr Soaring Sheep's first sock, I've knitted some more of the colourwork cardigan's first sleeve and I've done some more squares for my blanket. I figured I'd get the socks and cardigan finished in the next couple of weeks, cast on a scarf for my Dad and be all ready for the Booknits MKAL starting October 31st.

Then I got an email from ravelry. It was the first clue for the MKAL. It starts today and FINISHES on 31st October. I'd completely muddled up the dates in my head. I hadn't even wound the yarn or ordered the beads I was looking at. ARGH!

Well I had a little look in my bead stash, desperately hoping to find something that went and I think I might actually be ok! It's going to have more of a Christmassy feel than Halloween but should be ok

DSC_0875


Dark green beads with a silver lining to go with the Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace in Cherry. I know the saying goes "red and green should never be seen" together but I rather like this combination actually.

I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get my other projects finished. Hopefully the recipients will be understanding :-)

I'd better stop waffling now and start knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Boy that cherry is beautiful! It's rich and perfect for Fall and Winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...