Friday 21 June 2013

FO Friday - Alec Sweater

I really enjoyed joining in with the Alec KAL this month. It's such a beautiful design and very straight forward to knit too. The adult version is being released mid-late July and I'm very excited to make one of these for Mr Soaring Sheep :-)

Anyways, on to the photos. Firstly though, let me apologise. I have a 6 year old son and when I ask him to pose for photos he goes a bit silly...

DSC_1519


I knit the 25 inch size although his chest is 23.5 inches as it's supposedly Summer here and I wanted him to get some use out of it this Winter and hopefully the one after as well. Should be fine with that!

DSC_1527


It's actually a bit longer in the arms and body than it looks which is good as he doesn't look too swamped by it.. Ok, maybe I could have done the 24 inch size after all! At least children grow lol

DSC_1531


I dyed the yarn myself and one skein was slightly darker than the other two. Rather than alternating skeins I decided to be lazy and use it in the top part with the stitch pattern and pretend it's a design feature ;-)

DSC_1542


Over all my son and I are both very pleased with it :-) Thanks Sezza for such a great design! More FO Friday posts at Tami's Amis as usual :-)

25 comments:

  1. Very nice sweater, I'm sure he'll grow soon big enough to fit him right. Children do grow very fast :) Your son is very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sweater! Your model is so entertaining:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have noticed about the darker section of yarn if you hadn't said. I just thought it looked darker because of the texture. It looks like a lovely project and I think your son is pretty happy with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is adorable!!! Such fun photos of him, and a nice new sweater too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, and I think the size is just right if he's to grow into it for winter. I did think the darker yarn on the top was a design feature ... so well done! Fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I was wanting to participate in that KAL (love that pattern!), but I can't even guess what size my little guy will be this fall/winter! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you'll have to knit him one closer to the time, it's a lovely pattern :)

      Delete
  7. Great sweater, and the photos are adorable! Looks like he's already enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, he does like his handknits :)

      Delete
  8. He's cute :)
    I love the colour you've dyed - it's gorgeous. Pah, I didn't notice the darker yarn - you're right, it's a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fab and your son is ace!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is funny cute! I love that first pic b/c it shows his true self. Great job on the Alex Sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, so darn cute! I've really enjoyed watching this project progress from raw yarn to a gorgeous pretty sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...