Monday 30 June 2014

Liebster Award

Back in May the lovely Una nominated me for the Liebster award and I've been embarrasingly slow in responding! WHERE does the time go?!

Anyways, the Liebster award is a bit of fun and because I've been so slow I'm not nominating anyone but if you want to join in then here are the rules. If you would like to leave a link to your post in the comments section that would be lovely :-)

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has asked
3. Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, add their links to this post and let them know they've been nominated
4. Create 11 questions the nominated blogs have to answer

liebster-award



So here goes, 11 random fact about me:

1. I'm left handed and crochet left handed too but I knit right handedly. It just makes sense to my brain this way

2. My favourite colour is purple, it crops up quite a lot in my projects

3. I used to be able to play the flute to grade 7 standard. I passed my grade 6 but because of bein busy with school exams I stopped taking the flute exams and just enjoyed practicing. I don't really play my flute any more :(

4. I have 5 hamsters and they are kept in massive cages. I also have 2 cats and 4 children. I don't keep them in cages :-p

5. Mr Soaring Sheep and I have been together since I was 17, I think we've got quite a good partnership even if we do sometimes disagree on things like house cleaning ;-)

6.  This year I've been trying to up my fitness by cycling more. My eldest son and I go out 2-3 times a week and average around 6 miles each time. We often go out cycling as a family at the weekends too.

7. We are currently in the process of buying our first house together, I am so excited to be getting out of renting at last.

8. In a couple of years time we want to get a dog. Mr Soaring Sheep and I both grew up with dogs and we want our children to do so too. Currently we like the idea of a rescue staffie

9. If we ever get a garden big enough I would love to get some chickens. I've wanted them ever since I was a little girl and went round to a friend's house who had them.

10. My favourite food is any type of chicken curry as long as it's not mouth-burningly hot! Chocolate doesn't go down badly either ;-)

11. When the children have left home I want to drive round the coast of the UK with Mr Soaring Sheep and a caravan.


And here are my questions from Una :-)



1) What is the last thing you knitted or crocheted?
My last finished project is my Mum's shawl. I tend to have multiple projects on the go though


2)Where would you go on holiday if price was no object?
Whoops, already answered this one, New Zealand. If you could guarantee my safety then I'd love to go to the moon lol


3) Do you think there is intelligent life on other planets?
Yes although I don't know if we will ever encounter it


4) At what age did you learn to knit or crochet?
I was 21 when I taught myself to knit and 26 when I learned to crochet


5) What is your natural hair colour?
Brown, with an increasing number of grey hairs


6) Which is your favourite season?
Spring, when everything starts to grow again :-)


7)  Are you a books or e-reader fan?
Books. I don't have an e-reader and whilst I can definitely see the appeal, I like having a shelf full of books


8)  Do you prefer curtains or blinds?
Curtains generally but depends on the room


9) Are you wearing earrings right now?
Yup, some silver dangly ones my Mum gave me with what looks like a lapis lazuli stone at the bottom


10) Do you have a special crafting area at home?
Nope, I wish I did though. With a cosy chair with blankets and cushions and shelves overflowing with yarn and pattern books...


11) If one person could rule the world, who should it be?
Ooof tough one. I don't really think anyone could rule the world on their own and not be corrupted by it. Maybe Lisa Simpson lol

Lastly, here are 11 questions from me if you want to join in too:

1. Where is your favourite place and why is it special to you?
2. Early mornings or late evenings; which do you prefer?
3. If you could become an expert in a skill by taking a pill, what would it be?
4. What is your best feature?
5. Cats or dogs?
6. Favourite accent?
7. What is your most treasured possession and why?
8. Do you have a garden?
9. Do you have any pets?
10.What did you want to be when you grew up?
11. Do you have any phobias?


If you join in please leave a link at the bottom of this post, I'd love to see your answers :-)

8 comments:

  1. loved getting to know you better, fun post to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was lovely reading all these things about you, very cheerful! I love the idea of chickens but I think my cat would try and eat them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hadn't thought about cats and chickens, I think one of mine would be too scared but the other might be a bit risky!

      Delete
  3. Had to chuckle at the idea of keeping the children in cages....I might try that with my messy daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe it is tempting some times isn't it!

      Delete
  4. LOL! You are so witty (cage tidbit). I used to play the flute too. Stopped after 8th grade. Kind of regret it but like piano way much more. How awesome you've been together that long worth your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to play the piano, I can follow a simple line of music on the piano but if you add in chords and pressing more than one key down I start to get muddled!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...