Friday 27 June 2014

FO Friday - Out of Darkness Shawl #2

Well as promised, here are the photos of my finished shawl :-)  I'm afraid I went a bit snap happy with my camera!

DSC_0500


I love blocking lace, it's such fun. And the yarn (Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace)  blocks out beautifully

DSC_0501


So vibrant

DSC_0502


I didn't have my normal helper around for taking photos so instead here are some of it draped in artistic ways round the garden!

DSC_0507


The beads have a silver lining and just GLOW when the light catches them :)

DSC_0511


DSC_0513

DSC_0514


DSC_0518


Ooo look a 3 yr old victim model, thanks Squishy!

DSC_0519


DSC_0521


DSC_0525


Pattern: Out of Darkness by Booknits
Yarn: Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace in Cherry I used half this skein to make a Morticia shawl which was blogged here
Project Page: here

DSC_0528


Thanks for visiting :-) I'm linking this post up with FO Friday, Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday.

Have a good weekend everyone!

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!! I love the lacework and the beading and how airy the knit is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beads, they set off the red beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so very lovely! Love the beads! So handy when those victims *cof cof* I mean, Volunteers wonder by isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I need to get back to a beaded shawl. I have the yarn and beads, just can't decide on a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just fabulous, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! My latest shawl still awaits blocking. It won't be as airy as this, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty shawl! Fyberspates scrumptious is one of my favorite yarns :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's stunning!!!!! The lace patten is beautiful and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shawl deserves every one of those photos. It is absolutely gorgeous! I'd like to see how it looks on a person, so don't be shy about taking some more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...