Wednesday 4 June 2014

Holding my breath

We're at that weird stage in house buying where lots of things are going on behind the scenes with solicitors, mortgage brokers, valuations etc. but we're just waiting. Part of me wants to get started with packing and getting ready but given we have to give 2 months notice to our landlord and we don't have a moving date yet there isn't really much point packing now. Instead I'm sorting through old baby clothes, working out what things we want to keep and finding new homes for the things we don't. I expect once we have a moving date things will get very busy very quickly so I'm trying to enjoy the quiet before the storm

DSC_0133


I'm finding it hard to concentrate on just one project which is why I've got 5 WIP's at the moment. I find I spend an hour or so on one and then flit to the next one. Unsettled

DSC_0134


My Grace cardigan is almost at the point where I need to start the hip increases. I'm planning on making it a bit longer than the pattern so I need to work out how many increases I need to do. Basically it requires a little bit of thinking so I'm drawn to other easier projects at the momet.

DSC_0136


I've turned the heel on Mr Soaring Sheep's Jeck socks so they're nice and simple to work on again. I've got the pattern going all round the leg now.

DSC_0137


I've not really worked much on these granny squares this week. I've got 2 more to do in this pattern (changing the starting colour each time). Then I need to pick out my favourite squares to duplicate so I can end up with a 4 x 5 blanket. I've already got 7 squares in the reverse order of colours. It will make sense when I've done it lol.

Hopefully I'll feel less in limbo soon although I guess then I'll be busy packing. Argh!

Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On, WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along


12 comments:

  1. Oh its the worst part of house buying isnt it???! It will pass though and you will be on your way before you know it!x Good luck with everything and i hope it goes smoothly! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand feeling unsettled, not sticking with one thing. Moving, or prep for moving, can really do that to a person. Even so, your projects are looking lovely. I am enjoying seeing your socks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the house buying! I do hate that part of buying a home.

    Your sock is looking great. I do need to learn how to knit so I can make colorful cute socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move. In the meantime keep working on those beautiful projects to keep the stress away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting ! These are the moments you will remember when resting comfortably in your new home! Love all the projects you gave going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to You and Your Family on purchasing a new home ! I love all of your projects and the colors are wonderful. Very sunny. I especially love the color combination of the granny squares and kudos to you for telling us that you have 5 projects going because I won't dare say how many I have going. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely knitting and crochet and good look with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful distractions :). Hope the knitting and crochet reduces the angst.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some lovely projects - I particularly love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the house buying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That toe on your husband's sock is lookin' so smart. Always a happy sight to see those fiery squares in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...