Tuesday 24 June 2014

Almost done

Look at these beautiful lillies my son chose for me. I've got another 3 stems in a different vase so my house smells beautiful :-)

DSC_0489


It's lovely watching them gradually open up into something beautiful

DSC_0490


DSC_0491


Today I've been busy with boring household jobs like washing and ironing clothes. I did manage to squeeze in another row of my Mum's shawl. Just 2 purl rows, 1 lace row and the cast off to go now. The lace row will be slow, 3 beads for every 12 stitch pattern repeat...

DSC_0493


I've counted and I think I've got _just_ enough beads. Fingers crossed! I might even be able to get it finished and blocked by Friday. I can't wait to see how it turns out :-D

Keep Calm Craft On

10 comments:

  1. What loving patience you have for your Mama. Very sweet how your son for you lilies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so sweet, he loves choosing flowers :)

      Delete
  2. Oh beautiful! I can't wait to see what it looks like too! Your mum with be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post coming soon, just need to get the kids to school and load up photos :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you have enough beads! Lovely knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was counting them out obsessively just to make sure!

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous! I love the two colors together and the lilies are beautiful. I also love the frame on your mirror! The colors are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The mirror was made by my Mum so it's nice to repay her by making her a shawl :)

      Delete
  5. This looks so beautiful. The colours look gorgeous together.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shawl, is it a Boo knit? I've done a couple and love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...