Tuesday 10 June 2014

Giant Granny Squares

When I last posted I was thinking about what I wanted to do for the centre of this blanket so I thought today I'd show you what I decided. I've gone for 3 half size granny squares in the middle which gives me a gap of 1.5 big granny squares or 3 half granny squares wide

DSC_0140

As you can see I am now filling that gap with the same pattern that I have elsewhere in the blanket, 2 rows of each colour and shading from white through to purple

DSC_0142

The next colour will be pink and then purple. After that I'm thinking of going back the other way, so it goes pink, purple, pink, red, orange etc. I'm not sure what I want to do for the border yet. Mr Soaring Sheep suggested lots of little granny squares but I'm not sure if I fancy dealing with that many ends! Might have a look through my crochet borders book for inspiration instead.

Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On at Frontier Dreams

22 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful. It's shaping up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really pleased with how it's turning out :)

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing. I love all the bright happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and how it is turning out. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great colours. They are very funky, and remind me of the 1970's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun project! I like that you're figuring it out as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can never resist a granny square and I adore the bright colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours - so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely warm colours
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello evelyn,
    what a wonderful blanket!!!! love the colours,they are so bright and cheerful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina, I'm really pleased with how it's turning out :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...