Friday 20 June 2014

FO Friday - Father's Day Socks

Hi everyone, I've got another pair of socks to share with you today. These were intended as a Father's Day present for Mr Soaring Sheep but were 3 days late. He doesn't mind though and is looking forward to wearing them :-)

DSC_0200


Check out my new tray, spotted it in the supermarket and fluttered my eyelashes at Mr SS who said I could have it lol. It's going to be used for serving food but I thought the stripes and the blue looked good with the socks

DSC_0201


The yarn colourway is called "Gift Wrap" and is from Flamboyance Yarns

DSC_0202


The pattern is Jeck by Regina Satta but I changed it a little and worked it toe up instead using my normal 64 stitches starting with Judy's magic cast on then Wendy D Johnson's gusset heel and a stretchy Russian cast off.

DSC_0203


I'm going to have a play on ravelry later to start working out which sock pattern I want to knit next. For now though it's the never ending granny square blanket :-)

Linking this post up with FO Friday, Creative Friday and Fiber Arts Friday. Thanks for dropping by, have a good weekend everyone :-)

10 comments:

  1. Wow the socks are amazing! I love the coloured yarn, and they look super comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks looks great. So does your lovely pink table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and cheerful and beautifully executed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting effect with the patterns, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the yarn and the socks are amazing. Haven't tried those yet but I might have to if mine will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some seriously colorful socks! They look like so much fun and soft to boot. nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, they are really psychedelic !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tray is in neutral colors so it is a great background to those poppin' socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these socks. Your the fourth blog post I've read today with socks. I need to cast on a new pair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...