Tuesday 6 March 2012

Yaarn dyeing

After my sneaky peak on Sunday I thought I'd better show you the finished dye job! I used mainly magenta dye with a bit of red to give it some extra depth and basically soaked the yarn in it for an hour whilst heating. Very technical! I think it's turned out rather nice though :-)

DSC03800


The yarn is Blue faced Leicester DK and I bought it from Bluefaced.com. It's very soft and will make a lovely cardigan for Ava. Look how vibrantly it's taken the dye, yummy!

DSC03802


This yarn is going to be for the Mystery Elena Nodel KAL which starts on 15th March. I'm very excited about it! Ava is less impressed, but she does like to squish the yarn

DSC03803


Anyone else joining in with the KAL? There is still time to join, she's accepting new people up to 12th March. Details on the Ravelry thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...