Tuesday 26 November 2013

FO - Retirement scarf

I'm taking this scarf and my Mum's shawl to the post office today so thought I'd better get a few pictures before they leave! I'll post the shawl photos on Friday because my Mum reads my blog so I don't want to ruin the surprise.

DSC_1016


The scarf is made from fingering weight yarn. I just made a crochet chain of about the right length and then worked rows of treble crochet until I'd used up all the red yarn. Then I added another 5 rows of the purple yarn to make it that little bit wider

DSC_1017


It's quite long!

DSC_1019


DSC_1020


I like the wavy edge formed by the crochet. I tried to preserve the effect when I blocked it

DSC_1021


I tried to get some photos of Mr Soaring Sheep modelling it

DSC_1005


It was rather cold outside though and he had other things he wanted to get on with so the indulgent smile was replaced by this lol

DSC_1009


Hehe :-)

It was a nice fast project but it's turned out really nicely. I hope my Dad likes it as much as I do.

I'm linking in with Nicole's Keep Calm Craft On post today so hop over there if you fancy having a look at what other people are up to :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love how your hubb modeled hipster deviousness! Too funny. Great pop of color in that scarf. I love a good long one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol :) I must say your last sentence made me splutter, I have a dirty mind lol

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...