Tuesday 24 April 2012

Finally!

I've cast off my Paprika with the neater edging. Oh I'm so glad! It looks much better now so I'm pleased I did it but each row of however many hundreds of stitches in k2p2 ribbing was making me slightly cuckoo! I've managed to persuade Mr Soaring Sheep to sew the buttons on for me so I'll get him to do that tonight and then on Friday I'll have some show off photos to share :-) Cross your fingers for some sunshine...

 So, what else have I been up to. Well, I've finished the Little Momo jumper, just need to sew buttons on and block it. Maybe I should ask Mr Soaring Sheep to do those as well? It fits my littlest boy best so he'll be the one that gets to wear it. I'm hoping it will get a bit looser fitting once blocked as it's not as loose fitting over his belly as I would have liked. He likes it though and I'm sure we'll get lots of use out of it when the weather warms up a bit.

I've knitted some bulky mittens for Mr Soaring Sheep. I had a rummage through my stash and found some Ellie Belly yarn I bought ages ago and wasn't quite sure what to do with. It was one of the first yarns I bought from the US and truth be told I didn't like it very much when it arrived. I was having a look in the Stash Knit Down group on Ravelry and saw a pattern recommended for bulky yarns so I decided I'd cast on. The pattern is called Gifted and is a free pattern with sizes ranging from child to adult. I made the man size and they turned out rather well, photos to follow once they've been washed and blocked. They only used one of my two skeins so I'm thinking I'll either make another pair to gift to one of my brothers or Dad or I'll make some sort of scarf/cowl/hat so Mr S.S. can co-ordinate ;-)

Currently I'm doing a semi MKAL with Crafty Clare, we're making the Isis shawl which comes in 4 sections, I'm just about to start the third. It's knitting up beautifully, I'm using up the spare second skein from my Little Momo jumper, woo for Stash Busting lol. So this isn't just a text only post, here's a sneaky peek of my WIP ;-)
IMAG0435.jpg

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...