Wednesday 29 April 2015

Wednesday's WIP's

I'm flitting between my WIP's at the moment, a few rows on each rather than concentrating on getting one finished. I did finish some stripy socks which I shared yesterday if you fancy a look :)

DSC_0471


The blue socks are for Mr Soaring Sheep, I've done the heel now. The yellow cardigan is using the Tully pattern by Georgie Hallam and I'm onto the increases to make the pretty sleeve shape. The rainbow socks are my first time knitting two at a time. I posted about them on Monday.

I've been starting to think about what I want to knit next. I rather fancy making a sweater for Mr Soaring Sheep but I'll have to semi-design it myself as he's a bit fussy. I probably need to do some swatching. I've spotted a couple of sock patterns I fancy having a go at too but I'd like to finish one of my current sock WIP's first.

DSC_0473


I found this sweet little vase on sale for around £1. I love how simple it is and it's just perfect for showing off flowers from the garden. This one is a ranunculus, I only really discovered them this year and then found a pot with three plants in at a reduced area in the garden centre. They were a little wilted but after some water they perked right up. I split them up and planted them around the garden :)

DSC_0475


So beautiful :)

Linking up with Ginny

12 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! all of your projects are beautiful. love the rainbow stripe yarn. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The rainbow yarn is gorgeous isn't it, I had to cast it on as soon as it arrived lol

      Delete
  2. That is a seriously amazing flower. Wow. :) I love the detail on the bottom of the sweater. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice lace pattern isn't it, very simple too, just a 4 row repeat and two of them are purl rows!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet little grouping of pretty knits! Love the rainbow socks - once you knit two at a time you'll never go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can see the advantages, normally I'm obsessively counting rows to work out when to start the heel, now I don't need to. I'll just have to remember to wind future sock yarns into two balls rather than one

      Delete
  4. as you know I'm partial to that cardigan :) Love the socks and that flower is just bursting with beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your WIPS!! The flower and vase and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about the WIP's, I have loads on the go!! Yours all look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, little vase with an unusually colored flower. Does that sock yarn dyer knit the flat first and then dye it? That seems like an intriguing process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that gorgeous vase is perfect for that gorgeous bloom !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...