I had a look through my button stash to decide what I wanted to use for my Romantika and found some nice simple wooden buttons that would work just fine. I only had 5 of them though so at the weekend we made a special trip into town to go to John Lewis so I could get some more. I found the buttons I wanted, took the tube over to the counter and paid.
This evening I opened up the bag and was very irritated to find that out of the 7 buttons I'd bought, 6 were smaller than the size I had in my stash already and one was the same size. Clearly whichever monkey had been in charge of refilling the button tubes hadn't been paying enough attention >:-S
So now I have 6 big buttons and 6 small ones and I'm not entirely sure what I want to do about it! I don't want to have to go back to Milton Keynes any time soon as it's a bit of a way for us, but I really want to finish off this project! I might have a browse on the internet and see if I can buy the buttons else where or I'm just going to have to do 4 buttons in a different size to the rest (I need 10) and then change them later.
Poor show John Lewis, poor show! >:-S