I've had the Abernathy Sweater pattern in my library for a while so it was lovely to finally have a chance to knit it. As you can see I changed the cable down the centre to more of a braid design
I knitted this project using aran weight yarn rather than the DK weight suggested. I wasn't that far off with my gauge though and measured as I went. Just means he has a slightly warmer sweater. The yarn was dyed by me in a slow cooker pot with food colouring haphazardly splashed in! I alternated skeins the whole way to disguise the differences between each skein
I love this detail down the sleeve. It's hard to see in the original pattern photographs so I wasn't expecting it when I first cast on. I think it looks really smart and makes the sleeve fit nicely too
I asked him to show me the back, so he stuck his bum out at me...
The cycle helmet and gloves are because we were just about to go cycling with my in-laws. I quickly asked him to take his coat off so I could get some photo. It wasn't that cold, honest!
I did have a couple of issues with this pattern where I felt things could have been explained a bit better. I've knitted a few raglan's in my time so it wasn't a problem working things out but I think for a person doing their first raglan it might not be the best pattern to start with unless they are confident enough to work things out for themselves. Having said that I LOVE how this sweater has turned out and would definitely make another one. I wish there was an adult version as I bet my DH would like one!
Linking up with FO Friday, Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday. Have a good weekend everyone :-)