Wednesday 11 May 2016

Yarn Along

I've got two FO's to share with you today. Both are socks that I've finished recently for myself.

The first pair are based on the Rye pattern by TinCanKnits, I did the garter stitch panel on the middle twenty stitches of a 64 stitch sock.

DSC_0781


The yarn had been in my stash for a while and is from Flamboyance Yarns who are no longer trading. I did a fish lips kiss heel so these were a nice simple knit :-)

DSC_0782


The other socks were knitted two at a time using a pattern recipe by Frida Ă…ber. It's a free one on ravelry but basically every time you get to a new stripe you do a row of YO's K2tog. 

DSC_0783


I love how these turned out. The yarn is a self striping colourway from Fab Funky Fibres called "Chocolate Brown Rainbow". The colours made me think of Smarties sweets so I referred to these as my Smarties Socks. I used a small ball of matching brown yarn for the heels and cuffs. I forgot to use it for the toes as I was so eager to get knitting the stripes!

DSC_0784


Again I used the fish lips kiss heel for these. It's my standard heel now, it's so easy to work and fits my foot shape well. The yarn colours really are as bright as they look in these photos, yummy :-D

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along, thanks for visiting :)

15 comments:

  1. Such vibrant colours make your heart sing, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to have happy socks on your feet :)

      Delete
  2. Those are such fun colors. The yarn-overs make the stripes pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought it was a nice design idea, pleased with how it's turned out

      Delete
  3. I love both pairs, but the Smarties socks are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty socks. I have been looking for something different to do with some self striping yarn. Thanks for the suggestion. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors, Evelyn! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular socks! I love them both. I like how each pair has its own personality and vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those smarties!!! The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't have enough of socks lately!
    I love your smarties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both great pairs of socks! You are a great sock knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your socks and the yarn colors. I'm in the process of knitting my first pair and I love it! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful socks, the smarties socks are particularly fab, I love that effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...