Tuesday 26 January 2016

FO - Little Spare Time Sweater

My eldest boy is growing like a weed at the moment and as he's super appreciative of Mummy-knits I thought it would be a good time to knit him another sweater. I showed him the yarn I had in mind and then pulled up various patterns on ravelry that would work and let him choose the one he wanted. Took him a little while to grasp the idea "I want that blue one Mummy" But I have red yarn, would you like it if it was red? "Erm not really"... *sigh*

In the end though we got there and he picked a pattern which would be interesting for me to knit and appealed to him, the Little Spare Time sweater. He liked the idea of the cosy collar to snuggle in when it's cold

DSC_0236


The collar is definitely the best bit of this sweater. I love how it looks although I think I should probably have made the button loop a little shorter!

DSC_0231


The garter stitch collar is echoed in the cuffs and hem of the sweater. He grew AGAIN while I was knitting this so the body is a bit shorter than I'd have liked. The sleeves were knitted after the growth spurt so they're a nice cosy length

DSC_0233


The button for the bottom of the sweater doesn't match the one for the collar because I was too impatient to go out and find matching ones in the shops. Instead I raided my button box and found this purple one which is also his favourite colour. Smart boy, it's my favourite too ;-)

DSC_0234


I sewed the buttons on this time rather than asking Mr Soaring Sheep to do it. I expect they will fall off and need reattaching soon. I just don't have the knack for sewing buttons lol

DSC_0241


I used Wendy Superwash Merino DK to knit this sweater, it's super soft and a lovely bright colour. I've used it previously in a different colourway to knit a Frozen sweater for him and a Koru Hat for me. Both have washed and worn well so I'd recommend this yarn and would use it again.

My project page is here

DSC_0227


Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On. Have a good week everyone :-)

27 comments:

  1. That's a great sweater, I love the pattern and woolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweater and a very handsome young model. Love the collar and the beautiful colour of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!
    And I really like the little story about choosing yarn and pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet when they still want knitted by mum - mine has settled on a pair of socks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome boy you've got here, Evelyn. His new jumper is terrific. I like this red on him. The collar is interesting and I like the button accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah it's a good colour for him

      Delete
  6. Lovely work there. He looks pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute sweater. It's so funny that he grew while you were knitting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hehe serves me right for taking so long lol

      Delete
  8. I love the collar! Reminds me of a Star Trek uniform though. I love the mismatched buttons, Who says they have to match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that hadn't occured to me but yes it does look similar

      Delete
  9. The sweater looks gorgeous, I love that such a simple design can look so appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sweater and he seems very happy with it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah I think he likes it, especially the pockets

      Delete
  11. handsome model you got there :) Love the sweater especially the neck shaping and the button!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great knit!! It is amazing how fast children grow isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's crazy :) And you don't always realise until they put their trousers on and their ankles are showing lol

      Delete
  13. Stunning!! This is just on point, I absolutely love it. I need it in my size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command ;-) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spare-time-pullover

      Delete
  14. I love this sweater. Very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...