Friday 22 February 2013

FO Friday Headwrap

I saw this cute pattern for a Hilda Vintage-Inspired Headwrap on Sarah's blog so thought I'd give it a try. Mine isn't quite as pretty as hers as I think I did a couple of sections too long and it would benefit from a bit of blocking. However, it was a nice little knit and my daughter seems to like it :-)

DSC06686



DSC06690


She prefers to wear it this way round though so I might just sew it closed. Think I'll block it first and see how it improves and then decide

DSC06691


DSC06693


Yarn is Knit-Picks Chroma Worsted in Lollipop that was left over from the rainbow wristwarmers I made last year.

For more FO Friday posts visit Tami's Amis

Edit! Reading fail, I missed out the last stage of sewing the bow into the right shape! Here's a photo of what it now looks like!

DSC06701 

15 comments:

  1. What a cutie!

    I see you didn't sew the bow over - mine was floppy until I did that too, so if you want the bow to stand up, just fold each half over and stitch along the sides as per the photos on the pattern and it should stand up just great :D

    Have a lovely weekend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. fixed. Looks much better now lol. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great little headband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) It's even better now I've read the instructions properly ;-)

      Delete
  4. A sweet little headband. I'm sharing a knitted dolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute model and what a cute headband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the "smile for the photo smile" :) My niece mugs exactly the same way !

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I love the tough girl face in the first photo. She's definitely evoking Rosie the Riveter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how darling! The colors are so much for too. Looks like she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute on this sassy miss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...