Tuesday 17 February 2015

What a week!

Hi! How've you all been? Sorry I disappeared like that, we've had a rather busy week! The Sunday before last my poor little girl had her fingers shut in a door. After a quick look I realised that it was a rather traumatic injury so we ended up rushing her to A and E. After an examination and X ray it was discovered that not only had two of her nails been ripped off, she'd also got a fractured bone at the tip of her ring finger. My poor baby had to have emergency surgery the next day (a week ago on Monday) to be sutured up :(

She's been an utter star and so brave. We are so proud of her.

Then, as if dealing with sleep deprivation and a miserable pre-schooler wasn't enough, the Universe decided we needed another challenge. On his way home from work on Friday my DH's car was hit. He's fine and so were the people in the other car but our old people carrier may not recover from it. We're waiting to hear back from the insurance company to see whether they will fix the broken radiator or just write it off.

And THEN, on the same day, my baby girl bumped her fingers and they started bleeding so she and I had to take a taxi to the A and E an hour away where she'd been treated so they could take off her bandages and check nothing serious had happened. Thankfully she was ok and my Dad was able to give us a lift home. It was a very long day.

We spent Saturday trying to stay awake and then on Sunday Mr Soaring Sheep went shopping for replacement car seats which was far more of a challenge than you'd have thought. Yesterday we went back to the hospital for another bandage change and then this morning Mr Soaring Sheep left for work and won't be home until Friday night.

It's half term, I'm shattered and I've got 4 childen to look after on my own. I might be a little crazy by the end of the week lol.


At least my baby girl is happy and healing. That smile of hers could brighten anyone's day :-)

DSC_0983


Thanks for sticking with me. I'll be back later with some photos of what I've been up to outside of hospital visits and sleeping!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a rough week! It sounds like you and your little cheerful trooper are keeping it together despite it all. Best of luck, and quick healing to the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, what a challenging week. So glad your little girl is feeling better! Here's to a quick recovery for her and a peaceful rest of the week for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely deserve a do over week!! Hope all is even keel at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you poor things. I hope that nothing else bad happens and that you are able to rest up somewhat for the rest of half term. I hope that you can get the car thing sorted out quickly too. Hugs to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The car repairs have been valued at more than the car is probably worth so I suspect we'll be having to get a new one. So annoying as it was a good car and had a few years left in it

      Delete
  5. oh my, I hope she heals up quickly!! That must have been very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it was horrible. I've still not really dealt with it in my head yet...

      Delete
  6. My gosh. I'm glad everyone is generally okay. Your little one is a little warrior. I'd be moaning from the discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been amazing. For the first couple of days she was waking up crying for more pain relief over an hour before she was able to have the next dose. Luckily now it's reduced and she doesn't need anything any more. Poor little mite

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...