Monday 6 October 2014

Two new projects

Morning everyone :) It's a wet and dull day in the UK today. A perfect day for staying snuggled up on the sofa with some knitting in my opinion!

DSC_1003


Since finishing my cardigan last week I was excited to get some new projects started. As usual I have a mindless one and a complicated one. The purple is a lace shawl using the colour changing yarn my husband bought me when we moved house. The pattern is Sea Leaves which is free on ravelry.

The garish multicoloured project is a cardigan for my 8 year old. The poor thing apparently has no knitted cardigans that fit her any more and is going to get ever so cold over the Winter. After much pleading and guilt-tripping she persuaded me to make her something and we decided on a Neverland Hoody in the Wendy version. It's a simple raglan cardigan with a nice waist detail. I'm just at the point of separating the sleeves and soon I'll be ready to do the empire band. My daughter has requested a pixie hood but aside from that I'm pretty much following the pattern as written. I'm having to make the 6 years size for my 8 year old because she's teeny but I'll probably add some extra length :-)

I'm using the same striping technique I used for the Celebrations jumper I made my son back in February. Basically alternating three different balls of yarn and swapping at the end of each row. Should make a very unique cardigan!

Have a good week everyone :-)

10 comments:

  1. It is nice to have something that you can just do and something else to concentrate on isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I don't think I could be monogamous to a project anymore lol

      Delete
  2. I love all the bright colors in that photo. That is perfect yarn for a childs cardi. And I just love that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of the cardigan. Your daughter is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) She's very keen on it so far

      Delete
  4. Oooh! I'm loving those projects!! Will thee shawl be for you?? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure yet. I love the pattern but I'm not 100% sure if the colours work for me. I'll see how it looks when it's finished. If not I'm sure my eldest daughter will steal it lol

      Delete
  5. These are both gorgeous colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright colors? So you. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...