Tuesday 1 April 2014

Keep Calm Craft On

There's something very relaxing about sock knitting. The rows aren't long, you can keep the sock as plain or as complicated as you want and they knit up very quickly. My latest pair of socks were inspired by Hege's Rye socks. The pattern is a free one on ravelry but is actually written for aran weight yarn. Hege used the same idea for her socks but made them with fingering weight yarn.

DSC_0154

I'm using one of the yarn club colourways from Flamboyance Yarns, this one is called "The Rocks and the Water" which is very good description for the colours I think.

As you can probably tell from the photos the socks will be for Mr Soaring Sheep. He's been a very appreciative "knitted socks receiver" so I thought I'd make him another pair. At the moment I'm working my way up the leg. I've used my preferred toe up pattern over 64 stitches with a gusset heel and have the garter stitch section going over 20 stitches

DSC_0155

I'm enjoying having a mindless knitting pattern on the go for those times when your hands need to be busy but your brain isn't able to concentrate on anything complicated. It's meditative and soothing.

I'm linking in with Nicole's Keep Calm Craft On link up today. I'm feeling very low on energy at the moment, a combination of the clocks going forward, end of term grumps from the children and various other stresses. I'm looking forward to the Easter holidays starting and being able to relax and chill out with my family :-) Hopefully we'll get some sunshine and have some nice days out. Have a good week everyone

3 comments:

  1. That's a great sock. Its color way is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn you are using, I am looking for something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband loves hand knit socks especially in the winter months. I've been trying to knit more throughout the year as he wears old pairs out. Love the garter stitch detail on the top of the socks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...