Tuesday 13 April 2010

Spring

Shorties season has arrived. I really should get round to making some more for my boys! Problem is my almost 3 year old is probably going to be out of nappies by the summer and my 1 year old (yeah that's come round quickly!) can use his brother's old shorties.

I've been looking at various patterns on Ravelry and am feeling drawn to hats and cardigans recently! Completely the wrong season of course but might knit up something for them to wear in the autumn. I have a couple of Christmas presents I want to knit up too but I refuse to start doing them before August!

Anyways I'll stop rambling now. Here are a few things I've made recently. I've got another pair of shorties drying that were a custom order and have some wonderful ruffles. I'll post about them another day

Girly scrappy longies

DSC08328

Two shorties from Pixieknits' colourways. On the left is Paintbox, on the right is Peacock

DSC08401

I love the lightening strike effect where the colours have pooled. So cool

DSC08404

2 comments:

  1. Thoseare really nice, I LOVE how the colors pooled! Some don't like pooling ut I lke the different effects you get. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pooling too, I like longer colour repeats on skeins so that you can see the colours swirling around as you knit. When the colour repeats are very small it just doesn't look right to me. But I like those yarns crocheted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...