Wednesday 30 November 2016

Brrrr

It's got proper chilly these past couple of days. I'm making use of my knitted socks, sweaters, shawls, gloves, hats... It's a good time of year to be a knitter lol.

Having said that I'm not really knitting much because I'm not enjoying my current projects particularly but I want them finished before I'm allowing myself to cast on anything else! I'm desperate to cast on a sweater for me, maybe I'll get some yarn for it in the post-Christmas sales as a reward for finishing my other projects lol.

I've got another pair of socks to share today. These are knitted using a colourway called "Berry Splash" from Devon Sun Yarns. Mr Soaring Sheep bought it for me as a surprise present :-)

DSC_0572


I cast these on at the end of August when I was getting over a nasty ear infection. I wanted something simple and pretty to knit and these fitted the brief.

DSC_0573


I like how the colours merge together, so pretty :-)

My current WIP is still these TAAT socks. They have grown since I last shared them but not a lot. Maybe I'll feel better about them when I've got past the heels

DSC_0574


I think this afternoon I'll sit down for a bit with a podcast to watch and try to get to the start of the heels. The sooner I put some time into them the sooner I'll be able to finish them and cast on something new.

Anyone have any tips for motivating yourself when you're not enjoying a project?


Linking up with Yarn Along and Keep Calm Craft On

8 comments:

  1. The best ways for me to motivate myself to knit are to either stream something I enjoy (just finished Grace and Frankie on Netflix) or listen to an audiobook.
    I love the stripey socks. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the striped socks!! I am on the hunt for some big stripes in socks, I guess I have to buy on line, in the stores they don't carry what is in my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one knitting friend clued me in on: the power of candy! Specifically M&Ms. She 'rewards' herself with an M&M every time she finishes a row.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks look amazing, I am always in awe and do so wish that I could do socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how that first sock yarn is dyed. The stripes are clean but not typical where it's just one color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Devon sun yarn and that colourway is splendid. If I'm not enjoying a project, I put it down for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the berry splash yarn, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...